- This event has passed.
ARC Student Birding
April 24, 2021 @ 6:15 am - 12:00 pmFree
This private outing is for American River College students enrolled with Jennifer Neale. SVC Docents will lead a birding outing to help train students for future monitoring projects on the property.
Participants should be prepared for a 3-4 mile off-trail walk through open grassland and over uneven, rocky terrain. Wear warm clothing in muted earth-tone colors, to blend with the terrain, and sturdy boots for uneven surfaces and wet grass. Birding scopes, binoculars and cameras, as well as water and a snack. There is no running water on the Preserve.
Check in between 6:15-6:30am at Eagle Camp Corral. GPS directions to “Deer Creek Hills Access Road” in Sloughhouse, and then give yourself a little extra time for the 1 mile dirt road to the corral. High clearance vehicles are highly recommended, and required if creek levels are high. Vehicles will need to drive through Crevis Creek to reach the corral.
Space is limited. Pre-registration required, and is restricted to students enrolled in this class only. Everyone must sign a liability waiver to be on the Preserve.
- Space is limited to 12 students
- This is a student-only educational outing
- Masks are required to be worn the entire time
- Good health attestation by taking your temperature or CDC self-screen test prior to visiting
- Signed Liability Waiver – please print, complete, and bring with you
- Directions to Deer Creek Hills Preserve
- Visitor FAQ
- Deer Creek Hills Preserve COVID 19 Safety Protocols
9 people are attending ARC Student Birding