- This event has passed.
Native Plant Restoration
March 12 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
SEEKING NATIVE PLANT GARDEN MENTORS
Your passion, knowledge and appreciation of native plants can make a BIG impact on student interns. Join the Sacramento Valley Conservancy for an introduction to our large native plant restoration project in partnership with the Center for Land Based Learning. This will not be a planting day with students, but instead an opportunity to become more familiar with the project, goals, and the new propagation yard at Camp Pollock. Don’t worry, we’ll be sure you get your hands dirty working with plants and prepping the demonstration garden beds!
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU REGISTER:
- All participants must sign a release of liability waiver and be fully vaccinated to participate.
- Pre-registration is required. Registration closes at 6pm the evening prior. Registrants will be notified by email if the event is canceled or modified.
BEFORE YOU ATTEND:
- Review the information on your confirmation email. Check the weather forecast and plan accordingly. Layered clothing is recommended. You should also wear sturdy closed-toed shoes and a hat. A comfortable well-fitting mask is highly recommended to help prevent breathing in dust and plant debris.
- Bring your own work gloves, mask, hand sanitizer, cell phone, water and snacks.
- If you have had any flu-like or COVID-19 symptoms, fever, or cough in the past 24 hours, or think you have been exposed to someone with the virus, please stay home and join us another time.
- Before leaving your home, take your temperature (must be less than 100.4º), and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water.
- Print and fill out this Liability Waiver and bring it with you.
- Bring a photo ID and printed proof of vaccination status or have it ready on your cell phone.
WHEN YOU CHECK IN:
- Have your completed Liability Waiver Form and proof of vaccination status ready.
- All of our docents and staff wear face coverings when within 6 feet of others. Be prepared to cover your nose and mouth and give others space when checking in.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times while indoors.
HOW TO PROVE YOU’RE FULLY VACCINATED:
- Your CDC vaccination card. You can show the original, a copy, or a picture of it.
- Documentation from your healthcare provider.
- Your COVID-19 vaccine record issued by the State of California. Access your State of California vaccine record at myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov
If you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms or have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID 19 or experiencing these symptoms, please stay home. SVC has a lease to manage Camp Pollock until 2048… there will be plenty of opportunities in the future if you are unable to attend this event.
For questions about the docent program, or to join our crew, please contact Carly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-612-3719. Questions about specific projects and on site logistics should be directed to Tim email@example.com
9 people are attending Native Plant Restoration