- This event has passed.
Native Plant Restoration
May 14 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
SEEKING NATIVE PLANT GARDEN MENTORS
Your passion, knowledge and appreciation of native plants can make a BIG impact on student interns. Join the Sacramento Valley Conservancy and Center for Land Based Learning for a large native plant restoration project at Camp Pollock. Over an acre of land is ready to be replanted. We have the plants, mulch, interns and vision, but we are in need of knowledgeable native plant mentors. Join one or several of our scheduled planting days (Feb 19, March 12 and 30, April 12 and 13, May 14).
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU REGISTER:
- All participants must sign a release of liability waiver and be fully vaccinated to participate.
- Pre-registration is required. Registration closes at 6pm the evening prior. Registrants will be notified by email if the event is canceled or modified.
BEFORE YOU ATTEND:
- Review the information on your confirmation email. Check the weather forecast and plan accordingly. Layered clothing is recommended. You should also wear sturdy closed-toed shoes and a hat. A comfortable well-fitting mask is highly recommended to help prevent breathing in dust and plant debris.
- Bring your own work gloves, mask, hand sanitizer, cell phone, water and snacks.
- If you have had any flu-like or COVID-19 symptoms, fever, or cough in the past 24 hours, or think you have been exposed to someone with the virus, please stay home and join us another time.
- Before leaving your home, take your temperature (must be less than 100.4º), and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water.
- Print and fill out this Liability Waiver and bring it with you.
- Bring a photo ID and printed proof of vaccination status or have it ready on your cell phone.
WHEN YOU CHECK IN:
- Have your completed Liability Waiver Form and proof of vaccination status ready.
- All of our docents and staff wear face coverings when within 6 feet of others. Be prepared to cover your nose and mouth and give others space when checking in.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times while indoors.
HOW TO PROVE YOU’RE FULLY VACCINATED:
- Your CDC vaccination card. You can show the original, a copy, or a picture of it.
- Documentation from your healthcare provider.
- Your COVID-19 vaccine record issued by the State of California. Access your State of California vaccine record at myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov
If you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms or have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID 19 or experiencing these symptoms, please stay home. SVC has a lease to manage Camp Pollock until 2048… there will be plenty of opportunities in the future if you are unable to attend this event.
For questions about the docent program, or to join our crew, please contact Carly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-612-3719. Questions about specific projects and on site logistics should be directed to Tim email@example.com