- This event has passed.
Annual Docent Orientation
January 8, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pmFree
Join an amazing group of trained volunteers to help with docent-led activities and service projects at Deer Creek Hills Preserve and Camp Pollock. No experience is necessary, just a desire to learn about the land and to share your knowledge with the public. We provide the training. Docents must be willing to commit to a minimum of 4 outings (1 training + 3 public activities) at 5 hours per event = 20 hours a year. Most hikes and equestrian rides take place on Saturday mornings, mountain bike rides are on Monday evenings, and service projects/gardening vary from weekday mornings to weekend group clean up activities.
All events will comply with public health orders for safety and social distancing. Docents will be required to provide proof of vaccination to participate in public-facing outings.
We are always looking for volunteers to help lead or supplement the leader on our docent-guided events:
- Hikes and educational tours featuring botany, history, geology, wildlife, and more!
- Equestrian rides (must have your own horse)
- Mountain bike rides (must have your own bike)
- Fitness and health outings: trail running, yoga, music, art
- Service Projects: gardening, invasive weed removal, renovation, repairs, facility maintenance, etc.
- Community outreach and fundraising events
- Logistical support, creating educational information, or checking in guests at events
Have another skill or idea? Please let us know!
This training will be held virtually via Google Meet. RSVP by 6pm on January 7 to receive the video link.
Docent Orientation is held in January each year. If you are unable to participate on January 8, please contact us ASAP – Carly Amatisto, SVC Program Coordinator at 916-612-3719 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
102 people are attending Annual Docent Orientation