- This event has passed.
Annual Deer Creek Hills Docent Training
January 16, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Our projects and events would not happen without fantastic volunteer support. Let us help you find a way to invest your time in the Sacramento Valley Conservancy’s public outings on our beautiful properties!
Join an amazing group of trained volunteers to help with docent-led activities and service projects at Deer Creek Hills Preserve. No experience is necessary, just a desire to learn about the land and to share your knowledge with the public. We provide the training. Docents must be willing to commit to a minimum of 4 outings (1 training + 3 public activities) at 5 hours per event = 20 hours a year. Most hikes take place on Saturday mornings, while mountain bike rides are on Monday evenings. All activities will comply with public health orders for safety and social distancing.
We are always looking for volunteers to help lead or supplement the leader on our docent-guided events:
- Hikes and educational tours featuring botany, history, geology, and more!
- Early morning birding outings
- Equestrian rides (must have your own horse)
- Mountain bike rides (must have your own bike)
- Fitness and health outings: trail running, yoga, music, art
- Service Projects: gardening, invasive weed removal, renovation, repairs, facility maintenance, etc.
- Community outreach and fundraising events
- Logistical support, creating educational information, or checking in guests at events
Have another skill or idea? Let us know!
Docent training sessions are held in January each year. Camp Pollock will have a separate Docent training for 2021.
This training will be held virtually via Google Meet. Please RSVP below to receive the video link.
- Create your profile to access Docent resources
- Term Liability Waiver – under “Event Name” please write “Outings, Service Projects and SVC-organized activities” and put “Jan 1, 2021 – Jan 31, 2022” as the visit dates. A hard copy must be received, or digitally signed through DocuSign (we’ll email a link), before you can participate. Please mail your term waiver to Sacramento Valley Conservancy, Attn: Docent Program, PO Box 163351, Sacramento CA 95816.
Contact Carly Amatisto, SVC Program Coordinator at 916-612-3719 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
43 people are attending Annual Deer Creek Hills Docent Training