- This event has passed.
Docent Only: Field Training Hike
January 30, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Guided by Miki Fujitsubo with input from fellow lead docents, this outing will review how to successfully contribute to fun and safe guided public tours at Deer Creek Hills Preserve.
New docents are encouraged to attend, to increase your comfort and confidence on the property. Returning and lead docents are also asked to participate, for a helpful refresher and to share your knowledge and experience.
Rough Agenda To Be Covered
- What to Bring / What Not to Bring
- Basic Skills
-Working with the Lead
-Working with Each Other
-The Sweep: Basic Herding and Prodding Skills
-The Mid-Pack: What to Watch Out For
- Assessing the Hiking Group
- Start of Hike Intro/Safety/SVC Blurb
- Group Introduction / Ice Breakers Suggestions
- Basic Moving/Breathing/Stretching Group Warm Ups
“Broad and Shallow” Knowledge Approach to DCH
- End of Hike AAR with Group (After Action Report)
- End of Hike AAR with Docents & SVC Staff
- This is a Docent-only educational outing
- Good health attestation by taking your temperature or CDC self-screen test prior to visiting
- Completed Docent Orientation (Jan 8 Zoom or watched the recording)
- Signed copy of volunteer confirmation of COVID protocols and proof of vaccination
- Signed Liability Waiver on file
Registration closes Friday, Jan 28 at 6pm. Fore more information about the docent program, please contact Carly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-612-3719.
35 people are attending Docent Only: Field Training Hike