- This event has passed.
Docent Only: Field Training Hike
January 28 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Guided by Miki Fujitsubo with input from fellow lead docents, this outing will review how to successfully contribute to fun and safe guided public tours at Deer Creek Hills Preserve.
New docents are asked to attend as you increase your comfort and confidence on the property. Returning and lead docents are also asked to participate, for a helpful refresher and to share your knowledge and experience.
Rough Agenda To Be Covered
- What to Bring / What Not to Bring
- Basic Skills
- Docent Dynamics
-Working with the Lead
-Working with Each Other
-The Sweep: Basic Herding and Prodding Skills
-The Mid-Pack: What to Watch Out For
- Assessing the Hiking Group
- Start of Hike Intro/Safety/SVC Blurb
- Group Introduction / Ice Breakers Suggestions
- Basic Moving/Breathing/Stretching Group Warm Ups
- “Broad and Shallow” Knowledge Approach to DCH
- End of Hike AAR with Group (After Action Report)
- End of Hike AAR with Docents
- Safety Protocols Reviewed with SVC Staff at corral
- Completed Docent Orientation (January 21 st at Camp Pollock)
- Signed Liability Waiver on file
For more information, contact Carly Amatisto, SVC Program Coordinator at 916-612-3719 or email her at email@example.com.
Please RSVP below before 6pm on January 27. In the “Send RSVP confirmation to” section, be sure to put your email address. We apologize for the redundancy and any confusion. Returning docents who have created a profile in the portal, you can uncheck the “hide my data” box if you’d like your photo to appear in the Who’s Attending section.
20 people are attending Docent Only: Field Training Hike