- This event has passed.
August 27, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 amFree – $10.00
Join us for a Saturday morning trail run! Explore a new area of Deer Creek Hills Preserve from 8:00-11:00am. Attendees can either follow the marked loops through the north property for self-guided running. Or, at 8:30am, participate in a docent-guided, 5-6 mile run along an alternate route. Space is limited for the docent-guided run.
- Pre-register and pay before 6pm on Friday and
- Complete a liability waiver before arriving and
- Bring photo ID and proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID 19 to participate in the docent-guided run. Proof of vaccination is not required for self-guided trail running.
Donations are vital to maintaining the Preserve and offering public outings. Consider donating online or leaving a few bucks in the donation jar at the registration table. If the fee is a burden please request a fee waiver by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have put procedures and policies in place for the safety of the public, volunteers, and staff during the Coronavirus pandemic. We are only able to offer public hikes/rides and activities if all the following protocols are observed. Thank you for your cooperation.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU REGISTER:
- You must register by 6pm the evening prior, pay the $10 per adult fee, and sign a liability waiver. Registration fees are not refundable but can be transferred to a future outing if you contact us ahead of time. If you plan to attend 8 or more outings (rides or hikes) in the next 12 months, consider purchasing a Season Pass for $75. You will still need to register for each individual outing to reserve a spot.
- The road to access Deer Creek Hills is not paved and requires crossing Crevis Creek. 4WD and higher clearance vehicles are recommended, especially in the spring when there is water in Crevis Creek, but are not required. Visitors who do not want to drive through the creek crossing may choose to park along the shoulder of Latrobe Road, cross on foot, and walk the remaining mile to the trailhead at Eagle Camp Corral. All properties before the creek crossing are private property. Please respect our neighbors. Do not cross gates or climb fences.
- All events are subject to weather conditions. Projected rain, high creek levels, or extremely muddy conditions on the Preserve may cancel the outing. In the summer, extreme temperatures or unsafe air quality will also cancel outings. We will do our best to notify registered guests the evening prior via email. In the case of inclement weather please check our online calendar for cancellation postings before you travel to the preserve.
- Gates open at 7:30am and close at 11am.
- There is no running water on site. Arrive hydrated and bring plenty of drinking water. Porta-potties are available at the trailhead and serviced every Friday. Bring your own hand sanitizer. Leave No Trace Ethics; Pack It In – Pack It Out.
BEFORE YOU ATTEND:
- Review the information on your confirmation email advising you of what to bring and how to prepare. Check the weather forecast and plan accordingly. Wearing layers is recommended, wear sturdy closed-toed shoes, and bring a cell phone, snacks and plenty of water.
- If you have had any flu-like or COVID-19 symptoms, fever, or cough in the past 24 hours, or think you have been exposed to someone with the virus, please stay home and join us another time.
- Before leaving your home, take your temperature (must be less than 100.4º), and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water.
- Print and fill out this Liability Waiver and bring it with you. It is recommended that your emergency contact not be someone who is attending with you, just in case you are both injured.
- Bring a photo ID and printed proof of vaccination status or have it ready on your cell phone.
WHAT TO LEAVE HOME:
- Mud and Dirt! Please clean boots, hooves, gear and all tires before coming to the preserve. Managing invasive species costs us thousands each year. Clean gear helps keep the preserve open for recreation.
- Animals. No dogs or pets allowed on the preserve, except working service dogs (please let us know when you register online and check in with a staff member upon your arrival)
- Drones or other remote-controlled gadgets
- Hunting and fishing gear
- Shovels or mining gear (unless tools were specifically requested for a volunteer project you signed up for)
- Dirt bikes and ATVs
- Cigarettes, e-cigarettes, lighters and matches. Smoking is strictly prohibited and fire is a major concern on the Preserve.
WHEN YOU CHECK IN:
- Have your completed Liability Waiver Form and proof of vaccination status ready.
- All of our docents and staff wear face coverings when within 6 feet of others. Be prepared to cover your nose and mouth and give others space when checking in.
- Utilize our Boot Brush station to help prevent the introduction of invasive species.
- While on the trail, maintain at least a 6-foot distance from anyone not in your immediate household. Trails are marked. For your safety and to respect the Preserve, please do not venture off the marked trails or separate from the guided group. Let one of our docents know if you need to stop and rest.
HOW TO PROVE YOU’RE FULLY VACCINATED:
Show a valid photo ID and one of the following:
- Your CDC vaccination card. You can show the original, a copy, or a picture of it.
- Documentation from your healthcare provider.
- Your COVID-19 vaccine record issued by the State of California. Access your State of California vaccine record at myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov
- Directions to Deer Creek Hills Preserve
- Adult Release of Liability – please print, complete, and bring with you
- Minor Release of Liability – only required if you are chaperoning minors of which you are NOT a legal guardian
- Visitor FAQ
- Deer Creek Hills Preserve COVID 19 Safety Protocols
Extreme weather, unsafe air quality, rain, or flooding on Latrobe Road will close Deer Creek Hills. Registered hikers will be notified via email and given the option to transfer registration to any future hike that has not hit capacity, or donate fees to stewardship & trail maintenance projects on the Preserve. Registration payments are not refundable. If you have extenuating circumstances or are unable to attend a hike, please contact us as soon as possible for assistance. Ticket transfer requests can be directed to Amy Rodrigues email@example.com
If you have additional questions about outings at Deer Creek Hills, please contact SVC Program Coordinator, Carly Amatisto at (916) 612-3719 or firstname.lastname@example.org