- This event has passed.
February 22, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Saturday, repeating until May 30, 2020
Hike, stroll, meander or run. Open Saturdays are for YOU! Explore the marked trails of Deer Creek Hills Preserve at your own speed. Open Saturdays are FREE, but please register online to help us plan the day and coordinate parking. Donations are vital to maintaining and Preserve and offering public outings. Consider donating online or leaving a few bucks in the donation jar at the registration table.
There are 3 trail options:
- North Pond Loop — approximately 3 miles, mostly shaded. Can be started no later than 11:30am
- Two Ponds Loop — 4.5 miles, mostly in open skies. Can be started no later than 11:00am
- Barn Pond Loop — 6 miles, mixture of open skies and shaded woodland. Can be started no later than 10am. CLOSED FOR SPRING due to Tricolored Blackbirds, learn more.
A map will be provided and the trails are marked. Please dress appropriate for the forecasted weather (layers recommended), wear sturdy closed-toed shoes, and bring a cell phone, snacks and plenty of water. SVC Staff working the event will exchange cell numbers with you prior to hiking out.
The road to access Deer Creek Hills is not paved and requires crossing Crevis Creek. 4WD and higher clearance vehicles are recommended, especially in the spring when there is water in Crevis Creek, but are not required. Visitors who do not want to drive through the creek crossing may park along the shoulder of Latrobe Road, cross on foot, and walk the remaining mile to the trailhead at Eagle Camp Corral.
All events are subject to weather conditions. Projected rain, high creek levels, or extremely muddy conditions on the Preserve may cancel the outing. Registered guests will be notified by Thursday evenings via email and the event will be labeled as canceled on the website.
- Smoking is prohibited on the preserve.
- No dogs allowed, except working service dogs.
- Practice Leave No Trace Ethics; Pack It In – Pack It Out.
- Porta-potties on site. No running water. Arrive hydrated and bring plenty of drinking water.
- Arrive as early as 9am to start your Deer Creek Hills experience.
- Return and be off the trails by 1pm. Gates will be locked at 1:00pm.
- Directions to Deer Creek Hills Preserve
- Adult Release of Liability – please print and bring
- Visitor FAQ
Please register for this outing below.
Additional questions please contact SVC Program Coordinator, Carly Amatisto at (916) 612-3719 or email@example.com